Training – Wordfast Pro 5
Please read these instructions carefully. If you follow them, it will greatly improve your learning experience as well as everyone else’s. If things are unclear or links are not working like they are supposed to, please let me know!
ONLINE, PRE-TRAINING CONTENT
- If you are not yet a member, please request admission as soon as possible to the Wordfast Training Google Group by clicking here.
- Once your request for admission has been approved (this may take up to 24 hours), click here to access the on-line, pre-training coursework. You must be logged into the Google account that you used to join the Google Group above.
IMPORTANT: There is a homework assignment at the end of the file so give yourself some time to do this, i.e. do not wait until midnight the night before the training. There are always a few people who don’t go through the pre-training content and they generally slow everyone else down. Don’t be one of them!
For a detailed description of the training, times, etc., please see the training calendar. Try to be there at least 15 minutes before the training begins so you have time to set up and we can start on time!
- Please download the training files we’ll be using and UNZIP them before the training. They can be downloaded by clicking here. If time permits, I will give you time to practice on your own files so please bring some.
- You must download and install at least the trial version of the software BEFORE the training. The online, pre-training content (see above) covers downloading and installation procedures for Wordfast Pro 5.
- If you want to print the training plan, please print the mindmaps located in the zip file, under the Manuals folder.
If you have any questions about installing or getting up and running with the software, please search for an answer in the Wordfast Training Google Group forum and/or post your question therein. Others will or have had the same questions and that prevents me from having to answer twice! Otherwise, you can also contact me privately. Thanks again and see you soon!